Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm back

It's been 18 months since I last made a post. I started ambitiously enough in the Fall of 2012 but life got in the way.

So, what all has happened since then?

1. My mother lost her battle with cancer. This happened in November 2012. The sting of the grief has gone away, but not a day goes by that there isn't something I want to tell her, a question I wish I could ask, or a joy I would like to share. Her illness and passing probably played a big reason in why I forgot to update here. And once I was out of the habit, this experiment in blogging fell by the wayside.

2. I left the school system I taught at for 12 years and moved to teaching a new subject in a private school. This move has been exciting and exhausting and exhillerating all at the same time. I have been able to incorporate some great things with my new students. While number one above is what likely led me away from blogging, it is this one that has probably brought me back. I want to share the cool things that are going on.
(In addition, the blog title is probably not appropriate any longer. I'm no longer in Room 213, but right now, I can't think of a better title, so I will leave it. Changing it can be a project for the future.)

3. My children keep getting older. I guess this goes without saying, but growing children can often take us away from other interests- like writing thoughts to people who may never read them.

That being said, I'm making a renewed commitment to update here. I hope I can cultivate a group of readers who at least will enjoy the sporadic ramblings of my mind. Furthermore, I'm out of school this week- so maybe I can post more than a few times this week.

As always- feel free to share ideas, thoughts, whatever in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment